- Mt Aspiring National Park
- 15.8km one way
- 2 days
- French ridge Hut (serviced alpine, NZ Alpine Club hut tickets required, 20 bunks)
- Raspberry Flat car park is approximately 50km west of Wanaka at the end of the Wanaka - Mt Aspiring Rd
- GPX File
- French Ridge Hut (gpx, yo 6 KB)
- Your device does not support GPX files. Please try a different device.
The walk up the Matukituki Valley is easy going and a popular destination for trampers and day trippers.
Take the track all the way to the valley head and the start of the difficult section – the climb of French Ridge to the hut.
The ridge gains 920m in altitude in the space of 2km.