- Tararua Forest Park
- Mitre Flats Hut ($15, 14 bunks)
- From Upper Waingawa Rd, approximately 10km from Masterton
- Notes & Map
- Mitre Flats Hut, Tararua Forest Park (pdf, 1 MB)
- GPX File
- Mitre Flats Hut (gpx, yo 9 KB)
- Your device does not support GPX files. Please try a different device.
The track to Mitre Flats Hut follows the Waingawa River and is named Barra Track after Bert Barra, a renowned deer culler.
The track is well worn by weather and foot traffic and includes a wire bridge to access the 20 bunk hut.
If time and energy permits, a climb of Mitre (1571m) is worth the effort.