The simple lunge pose is a good way to stretch and strengthen your legs, but with the crescent lunge you can also add balance
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and step your left foot back at least one leg length.
- Make sure your front knee is over the top of or behind your ankle.
- Press your front foot firmly into the ground and lift your back thigh up.
- Look about a metre in front of you at a fixed spot on the ground. Bring both hands to your front knee and lift your chest upright.
- Bring your hands first to your hips to find your balance, then lift both arms up and relax the shoulders down away from your ears.
- To add more challenge to the balance, try looking up.
- Keep the back leg strong and hold for 3-4 breaths before bringing your hands to the ground and switching to the other side.