From Carrington Hut, cross the White River and join the true right bank of the Waimakariri River. This leads gradually north and up for a while before 250m of proper climbing.
Waimakariri Falls Hut is spectacularly perched near the edge of muscular red cliffs and a yawning chasm, worn down by headwaters all concentrated into one channel.
- Total Ascent
- Moderate / Difficult
- Klondyke Corner to Carrington Hut, 4-5hr; To Waimakariri Falls Hut 2-3hr
- Carrington Hut ($15, 36 bunks), Waimakariri Falls Hut ($5 (payable to Canterbury Mountaineering Club), six bunks)
- From SH73, Klondyke Corner car park
- Waimakariri Falls Hut (gpx, 8 KB)
- Your device does not support GPX files. Please try a different device.