- Urutawa Conservation Area
- Te Waiti Hut ($5, 6 bunks); Pakihi Hut ($5, 6 bunks)
- Southern access from the end of Pakihi Road (via Otara Road). Turn right at the Te Waiti bridge for access to the Te Waiti track end
- GPX File
- Te Waiti Hut (gpx, yo 43 KB)
- Your device does not support GPX files. Please try a different device.
The Pakihi-Te Waiti Valley Circuit is a reasonably demanding tramp. ]
The Pakihi Track section has been added to the New Zealand cycleways system and is a well-benched mountain-bike-standard track with more than a dozen new bridges crossing the many side-streams and the Pakihi Stream itself.
It takes around 3hr to reach Pakihi Hut, from where the track to Te Waiti Hut can be joined.
From here, climb to Pt605m and then drop steeply to Wahaatua Stream.
The track is run down in places and parties can expect to take 6-7hr to reach Te Waiti Hut.
The track from the Te Waiti Hut to the road-end is well maintained and should take around 2hr.
A vehicle transfer to your car at the start of the track is required.