Entries closed. We are no longer accepting entries in the 2017 photo competition.
Got your summer trips lined up? Don’t forget to pack your camera – or smartphone – because there are some fantastic prizes available in this year’s photo competition.
The overall top prize is a Panasonic DMC-G85 with 12-60mm lens worth $1799.
There will also be a prize for the winner of each of the following four categories:
Out there For the wilderness photos that make you go ‘wow’. Whether taken from a mountaintop or deep in the bush, it should be a view to savour and the best photos will feature trampers, climbers, kayakers, bikers – anyone enjoying New Zealand’s wilderness.
The prize: Meindl Island Pro boots
Huts and camping Celebrate the uniqueness of New Zealand hut life and location, or share the perfect camping spot.
The prize: The North Face Talus 2 tent
Wildlife Whether it’s birds, insects, plants, trees or a lone deer or chamois captured in the mountains, send us your best shots of NZ’s flora and fauna.
The prize: Bushnell H20 10x25mm binos
Video Put your cinematography skills to the test with a short video (3min max) of NZ’s great outdoors. The video could document a trip or part of a trip, a memorable night at a hut or campsite, or eye-watering scenery from a favourite stomping ground.
The prize: Lowe Alpine Manaslu 65:75
How to enter
Send your full-size, hi-resolution photos and videos to email@example.com by February 26 (videos should be sent through file sharing sites like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Hightail, Google Drive or similar)
State which of the four categories you are entering
Include your phone number and address
Supply a brief (30 words max) caption that includes: Camera settings used in capturing the shot and information such as where the photo or video was taken and why this particular scene caught your eye.
Terms and conditions
- Images should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the the category you are entering. E.g.: Out there, Huts and camping, Wildlife, Video.
- You can submit as many entries as you like, but each entry must be in a separate email.
- To ensure your photos reach us, please ensure each image is no larger than 15MB.
- The closing date is Wednesday, March 1 2017.
- The competition is open to residents of New Zealand, excluding employees of Lifestyle Publishing and their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
- Any one person may enter as many photos as they like. Late, illegible, incomplete, or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- Entry for photos is only via email submission to email@example.com.
- Entry for videos can be through a file sharing site such as Doprbox, WeTransfer, Hightail, Google Drive or smilar.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- No parties will be responsible in any way for the publication of an entry that is subsequently found to be in breach of copyright. Any such entry will be immediately disqualified.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- Copyright of all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Winning and shortlisted images may be used by Wilderness magazine, the wildernessmag.co.nz website and the Wilderness social media channels free of charge for publicity purposes in connection with this competition for a duration of no more than five years and will be credited if used.
- Wilderness magazine and wildernessmag.co.nz reserve the right to retain entries on file for possible future use. Any pictures used will be paid at our normal reproduction rate.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. In the unlikely event that a prize should become unavailable, the parties involved reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- Winners will be notified within 14 days of the closing date.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.