- Hakatere Conservation Park
- 15-16hr round trip
- Potts Hut (free, 10 bunks)
- From Potts River Bridge beneath Harpers Knob on the Hakatere Potts Rd
- GPX File
- potts-hut (gpx, yo 24 KB)
- Your device does not support GPX files. Please try a different device.
From the Potts River Bridge, head up the hill for several kilometres until you can descend into the Potts River, having bypassed sections of gorge.
Once down in the river, it is a matter of making a few crossings until the hut is eventually reached. To make the trip a loop, take Potts Hut Track to the Dogs Range.
If time and weather are on your side, continue along the range until Mystery Lake and hut, but if you like you can take a short cut by dropping off the Dogs Range (as shown on the gpx file and map) west of the lake to join the Mystery Lake Track.
Once on Mystery Lake Track, around 200m above the Potts River, quick progress can be made back to the car park.