<<<The 2018 Competition has closed. View the winners here>>>
It’s back and better than ever thanks to three beautiful camera prizes from Fujifilm. So don’t forget to pack your camera, or smartphone, on your upcoming trips – everyone who submits a photo is in with a chance.
Wildlife: Whether it’s birds, insects, plants, trees or a lone deer or chamois captured in the mountains, send us your best shots of NZ’s flora and fauna.
Huts and camping: Celebrate the uniqueness of New Zealand hut life and locations, or share the perfect camping scene.
Out there: For the wilderness photos that make you go ‘wow’. Whether taken from a mountaintop or deep in the bush, it should be a view to savour and the best photos will feature trampers, climbers, kayakers, bikers – anyone enjoying New Zealand’s wilderness.
Need inspiration? Check out last year’s winners here: 2017 Photo competition
The photographer who takes the image judged to be the best entry will win a Fujifilm X-E3 camera with a Fujinon XF18-55mm lens valued at $2498. The X-E3 is a rangefinder-style ultra-compact mirrorless camera offering outstanding image quality and enhanced handling. It’s the ultimate travel companion, weighing just 337g and features Bluetooth smart-device pairing. Shoot both stills and crisp, colourful 4K video of your wilderness adventures.
Photography tips: Check out our Photo School articles for top tips on how to take winning photos.
The second-place getter will receive a Fujifilm X-A3 camera with XC16-50mm lens valued at $994. This is a compact, mirrorless camera perfect for proving you made it to the top of the mountain, with a 180-degree tilting LCD touchscreen that’s great for self-portraits. With an extended battery life and full HD video capabilities, the X-A3 is a fabulous companion for your next adventure.
The FinePix XP120, valued at $349, is the perfect companion for an active life. This compact camera is waterproof to 20m, shockproof to 1.75m, freezeproof to -10 degrees and dustproof, making it a hardy choice for your next tramping trip. A high-resolution, 16MP BSI-CMOS sensor and optical image stabilisation make it a formidable camera for snapping shots on the go and in a variety of outdoor situations.
How to enter
- Send your full-size, hi-resolution photos to email@example.com by February 28 (Please limit file size to 15mb)
- State which of the three categories you are entering
- Include your phone number and address
- Supply a brief (30 words max) caption that includes camera settings used in capturing the shot and information such as where the photo was taken and why this particular scene caught your eye.
Terms and conditions
- Images should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the category you are entering. E.g.: Out there, Huts and camping, Wildlife.
- You can submit as many entries as you like, but each entry must be in a separate email.
- To ensure your photos reach us, please ensure each image is no larger than 15MB.
- The closing date is Tuesday, February 28 2018.
- The competition is open to residents of New Zealand, excluding employees of Lifestyle Publishing and their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
- Any one person may enter as many photos as they like. Late, illegible, incomplete, or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- Entry for photos is only via email submission to email@example.com.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- No parties will be responsible in any way for the publication of an entry that is subsequently found to be in breach of copyright. Any such entry will be immediately disqualified.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- Copyright of all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Winning and shortlisted images may be used by Wilderness magazine, the wildernessmag.co.nz website and the Wilderness social media channels free of charge for publicity purposes in connection with this competition for a duration of no more than five years and will be credited if used.
- Wilderness magazine and wildernessmag.co.nz reserve the right to retain entries on file for possible future use. Any pictures used for Wilderness’s editorial or other promotional uses will be paid at our normal reproduction rate.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. In the unlikely event that a prize should become unavailable, the parties involved reserve the right to substitute a prize of their choosing.
- Winners will be notified within 14 days of the closing date.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.