- Kidds Bush Recreation Reserve
- Sawyer Burn Hut, two bunks
- Opposite Kidds Bush on Meads Rd
- GPX File
- Sawyer Burn Hut (gpx, yo 6 KB)
- Your device does not support GPX files. Please try a different device.
A popular camping spot, Kidds Bush is located on the northern shores of Lake Hawea.
The climb to the top of the 2.5km Sawyer Burn Track takes about two hours and wends through mountain beech forest for some distance before coming upon the first views south over Lake Hawea.
The track is easier going than its steep topography indicates and the first kilometre is wide and easily navigable.
As the track gains height, the view south becomes increasingly spacious and breathtaking, resulting in many photo-op stops.
At one point, the track opens onto a clearing providing views over to Isthmus Peak and the range down to Mt Burke and Wanaka.
The track continues to Sawyer Burn Hut.