- Mt Aspiring National Park
- Routeburn Flats Hut (Great Walk, 20 bunks), Routeburn Fall Huts (Great Walk, 48 bunks)
- From Routeburn Shelter near the end of Routeburn Rd, accessed via Routeburn Rd 25km from Glenorchy
- GPX File
- Routeburn Falls Huts (gpx, yo 5 KB)
- Your device does not support GPX files. Please try a different device.
Spend a night on one of New Zealand’s best known Great Walks.
From Routeburn Shelter the track traverses the Route Burn, passing the turn-off to the Routeburn Flats Hut before beginning to climb steadily upwards towards the hut.
The well-maintained track passes through beech forest and crosses two swingbridges before reaching the hut and the nearby 176m falls.
Bookings are required between late October and late April. The hut is classed as a Serviced hut from May to late October and hut services are reduced at this time.