- Kaimai Mamaku Forest Park
- Hurunui Hut (Basic, three bunks)
- Near the summit of old Kaimai Road summit is off SH29 between Matamata and Tauranga
- GPX File
- Hurunui Hut (gpx, yo 15 KB)
- Your device does not support GPX files. Please try a different device.
At the Kaimai Rd summit walk across a creek until you spot a rotting sign announcing the old North-South Track.
From the road saddle, climb for half an hour onto the main ridgeline then up to a knob.
A sign-posted turnoff to a lookout provides good views over the Waikato Plains.
Walk on old railway sleepers for 40 minutes to reach the north Henderson Tramline.
These historic tramlines are an alternative access to the hut but are steeper and cross rivers. From here, follow a grassy path to the Hurunui Hut.