- Kaimanawa Forest Park
- Cascade Hut (Standard, 6 bunks)
- From the end of Clements Mill Rd^ accessed via Taharua Rd off SH5 from Taupo
- Notes & Map
- Cascade Hut_Kaimanawa Forest Park (pdf, 954 KB)
- GPX File
- Cascade Hut (gpx, yo 6 KB)
- Your device does not support GPX files. Please try a different device.
Have an overnight adventure with a foray into the remote and rugged Kaimanawa Range. The track starts out in good condition and within minutes of leaving the car park a small wooden bridge and a swingbridge is crossed.
The track climbs parallel to the Hinemaiaia Stream, but the going soon gets a bit rougher with a steep unprotected drop and several short, steep slopes where tree roots need to be used as ladders.
Stream crossings and an ongoing succession of short but steep ups and downs require delicate footwork and balance.
After about five-and-a-half hours tramping, the track reaches the Cascade Stream. Cross the stream and Cascade Hut is a few minutes away.